Friday, November 19, 2021

worth getting up at 0330

Please try to bear in mind that I was limited by the capability of my phone to capture images from such a great distance... but I am thrilled to have photos that actually show what was happening!

I had already gotten in bed and was just about to get into snooze position when I realized that I was missing it.

So, I jumped up, threw on pants and shoes, and grabbed my phone.

The time was 3:45 AM.




First, I had to locate the moon, in the sky full of stars.

Ah, there it was, shining down the street as I looked toward my youngest brother's home!

Then I stood, in the cool night air, clicking away as the bright sliver of moon was slowly covered by the reddish brown shadow of my home planet.

Then I stood a while longer, enjoying the view, before misty clouds rolled up and toward it.

I hadn't known anything about the upcoming lunar eclipse until Barbara had mentioned it as we were chatting in the parking lot after the movie.

Hey, I had known this was good timing for me, right?

My odometer had told me so: 220550!

Right place, right time!

But I mistook the mileage as marking a rare outing with mi amiga... and an even rarer, it would seem, filling of my A*List.

I had not hit a trio in weeks.

"Clifford The Big Red Dog" was one I actually watched twice (second time on Wednesday), partly because I missed the start of it that first time on Sunday.

Love all the familiar faces and the "Disney Sunday Movie" feel of it!

"Eternals" was another one I'd missed the start of when I saw it on the 10th. I had found it odd that no one mentioned Ego (from GOTG:V2) as having been a Celestial, but perhaps, as a Living Planet, he was in some different category? I don't see how that could be the case, as he still spilled his seed on the ground of other planets in order to propagate, just as Arishem did. The best part of the movie for me was the reminder of my love of Greek mythology in my youth, as six of the ten Eternals were directly derived from those characters. (Those would be Ajax, Circe, Icarus, Hephaestus, Hermes, and Athena, fyi.)

That third movie was special: a rare Indian film! Here in Savannah and not even screening, surprisingly, at the Royal in Pooler. Beautiful movie, "India Sweets And Spices" is about a mother who has a daughter "just like her" - who reminds her who she once was. And it was actually made in Atlanta!!! I thought that was a hoot!

So, what about past weeks? Why no trios of movies on my AMC dance card?

Well, that would be because of the dearth of new movies shown here.

I made sure to comment about that yesterday, on my latest survey from them.

"The staff always makes feel welcome! They also talked to me about the upcoming movies here in Savannah - hooray!
To me, it's so unfair that tiny Statesboro gets movies that NEITHER of the Savannah cinemas screen. Hope that changes soon! I do not have the time it takes for the 2 1/2-hour (minimum) round trip drive to Statesboro.
Please make sure we are not asked to watch previews for movies that are not destined for Savannah audiences. We have now missed "The French Dispatch", "The Card Counter", "Spencer", and "The Eyes Of Tammy Faye", just to name a few recent movies.
"

I plan to continue writing such comments on future surveys until change occurs.

We have a total of twenty-one screens here in town - twenty-one!!! - so there truly is no reason why a town with less than 35,000 people is showing popular movies that are not being screened, by the same cinema chain, in a city with nearly 150,000 people.

Come on, AMC, please give us what we want!

Thanks.

This week's roster is quite promising, with four new titles, including this Indian one.

 Looking forward to a full A*List for the second week in a row!

In fact, I'll be seeing "The Youngest Evangelist" in two hours, so I better get a wiggle on and have myself some slunch!

(smile!)

And i thank You, God, for this celestial show tonight, and the company of Boo.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Wondering about that "get a wiggle on"?
I first heard that on that British baking show, so most likely it's a colloquialism from the "other side of the pond".
I really like it, so I intend to keep using it.
Feel free to do so, too!