Tuesday, November 16, 2021

utterly overwhelmed

"Oh, no! Are you okay?"
 
Yes, dear, I'm fine! Why do you ask?
 
"Well, that's quite an alarming title you've affixed to this post. Just saying."

Oh, my bad!
I didn't mean to insinuate that my mental health has taken a nose dive.
It's just that I've deleted yet another source of unwanted emails and wanted to write about it.

"I see. Doing a bit of housecleaning on the ether side of  your life."

For real.
This time, it was the LLS.

"Is it time for the Light The Night Walk again?"

I don't think so.
They wanted me to take a survey "which should only take 15 minutes" concerning giving them money.
Well, that may not be specifically how it was worded, but that was the gist.

"Gotcha. There sure are a lot of hands out there wanting to help empty your pockets."

Right? 
I'm sure the charities have been hit hard by the pandemic, but they need to slow down their near-weekly requests, either by mail or email.
I've been letting them all know that my finances have been abused by that DEA scam artist and his cohorts, so no money will be forthcoming from me.
I guess the prevalence of money-stealing schemes has gotten to the point that even Matt Groening has gotten involved.
His show has been on my mind ever since my lunch with Dawn, so, for my pre-bed viewing, I pulled up an episode from this 33rd season.
In it, Grandpa was taken in by a phone scam creep who claimed that his grandson, Bart, was in jail and much money needed to be paid to get him out.
At least I now know there are support groups for folks like me and him.
 
"Yeah, that was a good episode. Apparently, almost two million people watched it, so at least there's more awareness of the issue."

Amen to that.
Thanks, Matt.
Meanwhile, I'll keep ignoring calls from those not in my phone book.
Best to be safe!

No comments: