Monday, November 29, 2021

boo for two!

"What is it that's got you so upset???

Me?
I'm not upset about anything.
What a strange thing to say!
 
"Then why did you say 'boo' and make it seem like it was more than once?"
 
Oh, that... no worries!
Don't you remember mi amiga, Barbara?
Her childhood nickname is Boo and I tend to use it sometimes on this beach.
I don't think I've ever called her that, myself, but I know her hairdresser has.
 
"Yes, I remember that now.
It just is rather infrequent that you mention her these days of pandemic."
 
Well, that would be because I infrequently have her company.
But I saw her twice this weekend!
I just happened to pick movies she had not seen, so she joined me for them!
Both times were for films at the cinema closer to her.
The first, "For The Love Of Money", was on Saturday and featured Katt Williams - I really like him and his easy style.
I'm glad Barbara was there, as she keeps up with the news and knew about Black Wall Street, Oklahoma.
I'd never heard of it, nor of the events around it a hundred years ago.
 
"Let's face it, g'friend, everyone knows more about items in the news than you do."
 
Yeah, that's true.
I rarely even bother to catch headlines these days.
It's even rarer that I'm up in time for "CBS Sunday Morning", my one and only news program that I ever tune in for.
 
"You could always catch it online at any time..."
 
... and we both know that I'm not into watching little screens right now.
Well, a music video from time to time, but naught else.
(smile!)
 
"And scant few of those.
So, what was the second one with Boo? "
 
It was the Kenneth Branaugh film, "Belfast".
What a loving portrait of the life of a young boy during that school year between the summer of 1969 and Easter of 1970.
Plus, fabulous music!
Oh, and here's a really cool part: the movie was mostly black and white, but the family liked to go to the cinema and one of the movies was "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"... and it was in full-tilt boogie color!
And there's the audience, laughing and enjoying it, and they're all in black and white!
Very lovely, and loving, movie!
 
"Oh, that sounds positively delightful!"
 
It truly was.
I just may have to see it again on my own dime.
After such a long famine, now we have a feast of new films!
In fact, when I saw "King Richard" today, that was my first time with it, even though it's been out for at least two weeks.
I'm trying not to exceed the three allotted by my AMC A*List, you know?
 
"I do.
That's why you haven't been to Pooler for movies for a while.
Why pay when you have free ones? "
 
Exactly.
Though I did treat myself to "Dune" again last week.
And I just may treat myself to "Clifford" before Thursday... but my free trio is done.
That's just as well, as I have people to see and places to go, what with me being a busy, vibrant, woman, as you know!
In fact, tomorrow I'll be dining with Jeff and Amy in Bluffton!
They're over in Charleston for a holiday getaway.
Scott is to be at the luncheon tomorrow, too!
 
"Well, very good!
Almost makes this time of year seem fairly normal, doesn't it? "
 
Fairly so, fairly so.
(smile!)

No comments: