Sunday, February 23, 2020

up pops the rogue!

Well, how about that for coincidence!
The Peace Guy's name had arisen during dinner conversation with the bfe on Thursday night, and I had a text from my favorite Rogue on Friday night!
He was coming in from jet city and was hoping to catch a meal with me -
and so he did, with a slunch at Kayak Kafe yesterday.
(smile!)

Why was he in the seaport?
He has a buyer for the Maupas property and needs to empty it.
When I met him there, he'd hit a wall, emotionally, and was overwhelmed by the task.
When I took the microwave and the hedge trimmer, he was relieved.
Two fewer items in the house!
In an hour, I'd returned, five shopping totes in hand, to load up with books to sell at E. Shaver!
Over the next two hours, I helped him kick all of this stuff, plus a bicycle in three parts and two pieces of furniture, out of the downstairs and onto the sidewalk.
Now, that was real progress and gave him a boost to work on his own.
(smile)

This afternoon, I was back again.
This time, I had plastic bags a-plenty and a goal of loading up all these unmoved books from outside.
Seven bags it took to do so.
Those books will be relocated into several of the Little Free Libraries scattered around town.
Now to decide which of the twenty-four sites will be in receipt!
Thanks, Joe, for helping to brighten the world at large -
and my world, too.
(smile!)

No comments: