Sunday, February 2, 2020

02022020

No, that is not the current mileage on my 18-year-old Saturn.
(smile!)
That was the first true palindrome date that we've had in almost a decade.
First was January 2, 2010, followed by November 2, 2011.
There hasn't been another until today.
Next year will provide December 2, 2021, followed by a lack of that ilk of dates until 2030 rolls around.
Pretty sweet, right?
Add in that it's Groundhog Day and it's une raison de célébrer!
I've taken that to heart, I have.
(smile!)

I made sure to be at church today (for the first time this year).
The sermon was "Groundhog Day Living", and, yes, it started out about the movie I love so much.
Apparently, getting multiple chances to get things right makes the film a favorite for Billy, too.
Then, he spoke of the late Kobe Bryant, a man who continually learned from his mistakes and became a better man.
(I even have a 9-year-old great-nephew named for him.)
After the service, which included communion and welcoming new members, we were all treated to BIG Coffee Hour!
You can see that this little piggie came for lunch, too!
Lance had brought those!
I joined him and a few others at the Reconciling Ministries meeting this afternoon to plan for a special guest speaker next month.
Such a great start of my church year!
(smile!)

Groundhog Day was also a day my stepdad loved so much, as he and friends would celebrate it every year.
So, naturally, my next stop was at Greenwich to visit with him and Mama, who he also loved so much.
Me, too, Frank.
Me, too.
I tidied up her marker, straightening the four different stones of remembrance, shedding a few tears, wishing for impossible things.
I also visited the grave of my niece, Jean Marie, lamenting anew that she still has no headstone.
April will make three years.
I realized today that Susan lost her husband, her father, and her brother in the few years right before she lost her one-and-only daughter.
I cannot imagine such loss.
So, until she is able to create the marker, I have made sure stones are clearly in place.

I felt some mirth was definitely in order, so off to the Savannah Children's Theatre I went!
The matinee was sold out?!
Oh, but I was surely blessed, as I soon found myself watching "Matilda the Musical" - and right next to Erica, as good fortune would have it!
Her Dawson was one of the actors!
And a favorite of mine, JoJo Ward, was also in the play, clad in drag!
What a hoot and a half!
(smile!)

Having energy to burn after that performance, off to Planet Fitness I went for treadmill dancing!
I always have to think of OK GO when I say that - I so love "Here It Goes Again"!
How appropriate today, right?
(smile!)
Then, off to Cici's for some fresh hot pizza, specially made just for me with no cheese!!!
Chicken, green peppers, black olives, diced tomatoes, yes!

I missed most of Superbowl LIV, but I was home in time for all of the 4th quarter, with those amazing three touchdowns by the Chiefs.
Plus, I caught Jeep's send-up of "Groundhog Day", featuring Bill Murray - major score for me!
Later, I caught the grand reveal of Lil Wayne on "The Masked Singer" and shared that with Kevin - he loves that philosopher rapper!
Another major score for me, y'all!
(smile!)
i thank You, God, for this day!

No comments: