Wednesday, March 17, 2021

bit o' luck o' the green!

To tell the truth, my good luck began on Monday!

That's when my Louisville niece, Emily, sent this photo to let me know the card sent to her daughter, Ally, had arrived!

Here's the incredible part: I had not mailed out the cards and stickers to my greats until Saturday afternoon, on my way to the cinema.

Hooray for the US Post Office!

The very next day - i.e., yesterday - my Savannah nephew, Zach, sent this photo to let me know his son, Kobe, got my missive of love!

Later that day, my first niece, Christina, texted to thank me "for being you" and sending the card and stickers for her family!

So, to those who doubt the value of the postal delivery system, I say: it's working just great, thank you!

As for my celebration of this second Saint Patrick's Day in pandemic mode, I was treated to the live mass at St. John's Cathedral!

My many thanks to the Savannah Saint Patrick's Day Committee for stepping up their game and making this available on broadcast tv for all to enjoy!

Last week, I watched the Greening of Forsyth Fountain while I ate breakfast in my robe, and why wouldn't I? It was on tv!

And later this morning, after the televised mass, I was 'present' at the ceremony for the Celtic Cross in Emmett Park!

I'd never made it to this one before, but I'm so glad WTOC aired it instead of the game show today.

The focus of both events today was on the religious nature of the holiday, with its emphasis on faith and family.

Hallelujah for that!

Donned in green from my neck to my toes, I set out with $17.70 in cash, and two gift cards with remnants, to buy groceries for my dinner on this festive day... and, magically, returned home with 95 cents in change for $28.87 worth of food!

Had a wee leprechaun pointed me toward a rainbow with a bit of gold?

Not quite, but close!

That lovely bit of sirloin - a full pound! - was a manager's special, saving me $2.42 on the three-meal portion of beef.

Plus, I'd saved $3.05 on five packages of frozen veggies, as well as 70 cents on those turkey hotdogs I love - hooray!

As for those gift cards, one had $1.09 and the other had $4.79 - money now spent on useful items and two pieces of plastic out of my life!

What a fabulously Irish feast I had tonight!

Besides that beautiful steak, colcannon also graced my plate, making this a meal that would be found in Ireland on this day!

What? No corned beef? No boiled cabbage? No little new potatoes?

Only in America, dearie, as my research online confirmed.

I guess I have a new tradition!

No comments: