Sunday, September 26, 2021

that's bigger than my entire house

"Okay, I'll take a nibble at that click bait you're waving around. What's bigger than your entire house?"
 
This three-bedroom condo at Royal Dunes.
 
"You're on another holiday trip? Nice. Back to Florida?
 
No. Even though I really wanted to go to Daytona, as it's been a few years since my last foray there, it was a bit too far to drive and feel comfortable about it. So, I bopped over the bridge to South Carolina.

"You're kidding!!! So, something in Hilton Head finally became available???"
 
Yeah, color me surprised. I guess there are just so many more sites on the Diamond roster, now that they are linked up with Hilton Grand Vacations. There must be about ten on that island that are part of the list. Plus, this is a place I've never been before.

"Bonus! Well, good for you! And what are your plans whilst there?"
 
Believe it or not, I've already checked into some of that, even before I left home. Did you know they have three cinemas here?

"Other than Coligny??? Really?"
 
Really. They aren't big chains, so that means they try a little harder to lure folks in. You know, with movies that aren't playing all over the place. One of them, Northridge Cinema 10, is probably just a few blocks away. Then there's Coligny, which just shows old blockbusters and just takes cash. And, somewhere near it in Sea Pines is Park Plaza Cinemas, which looks to be a mom-and-pop venue, but with two movies I very much want to see. That's gonna be on my radar on Tuesday.

"Tuesday plans already?"
 
Hey, I have Wednesday plans already bought and paid for, too! I stumbled upon word of a comedy magic place there, so my ticket is b-o-u-g-h-t!!! I'm hoping they are still doing the close-up show afterward, but the summer season is over, so they may not.

"Well, just look at you go! What about any activities at the resort?"
 
Well, this place has two pools, and are going to have a food truck here on Wednesday, but that's fairly all they offer. As I said, the season is done on the island. Not even the shuttle service is running any more, as I found out on my walk today.

"There was a shuttle service???"
 
Yep, with a stop right behind the building with my condo. How's that for convenience? And it would have taken me all the way to the south end of the island, down in Sea Pines, had it still been running.

"Well, that's good to keep in mind for future visits. So, I take it that you walked along the trolley path?"
 
I did, following Folly Field Road almost to where it connected back up with 278, aka William Hilton Parkway. I might have gone farther if not for the blisters that my shoes were raising up on both feet. I'm icing them down right now. I don't want a repeat of the blisters from Sea World a few years ago!

"What's up with this map?"
 
Well, see that blue pinpoint balloon? That's where a family fun center is. I would have seen it had I not turned back just before that entry. I already had sore feet and knew I had to make it back to the condo.

"So, how far did you walk?"
 
It was a total of 1.8 miles. Can you believe it? And even with frequent stops on the way back, I still did in in just an hour. I'm pretty proud of myself!

"Well, I'm proud of you, too! Good for you for going on a walk!"
 
Like I said, I probably would have gone for a round or two of mini-golf if I had seen how close I was to it. Well, and if my feet hadn't felt like they were being rubbed raw.

"Heard. And what's for dinner? Are you going out?"
 
Nope, I'm staying in! I went to the grocery store yesterday after checking in and they had frozen dinners on sale. You know, I have a microwave here, right? Might as well take full advantage of that little tool while I can!

"You could buy yourself a microwave."

Yeah, but I haven't wanted to... but I may have to rethink that stance. See this? It's Marie Callenders Rigatoni Bolonese, plus a plate of broccoli to round it out. Very nice presentation, isn't it?
 
"It is! I know how much you like your food to be prettier than it needs to be!"

I do!

"Oh!!! This is that turtle from "Moana" isn't it???"
 
You are correct! Freeform has it on and I've so enjoyed seeing it again. Honestly, I like it better every time I watch it! And this song is an absolute favorite for me and for my first niece! "Shiny"!!!

"Hahahaha! Yes, and I'm sure you've sent a photo to her to let her know you're thinkin' 'bout her, haven't you?"
 
You know it! Also on the agenda tonight is to look through these magazines they gave me on check-in to see about forming an agenda for this week. So... peace OUT!!!

"You so silly. Later!""

No comments: