Friday, September 10, 2021

i want that, still


It's rather a shame that this photo isn't clearer, but I'm satisfied with it nonetheless.
In my mind, the image is crystallized, with him looking at her with eyes so full of love...
and, yes, I want that.
He looks at her like that the very first time he sees her, as he and Buddy are walking to work, and he stops in his tracks.
He looks at her like that when he's on the floor in the bank, as he sees her walking past the door outside as a robber is pulling a heist.
He looks at her like that when he surprises her as she is on her quest to find a cartridge in one of the player's storehouses.
He looks at her like that when they are eating ice cream and they find out they both think that bubblegum flavor is the best.
He looks at her like that when they are both on the swing set and she is looking to the stars and missing out on the stars in his eyes.
And he looks at her like that just before he tells her how much he wants to kiss her...
and continues looking at her with eyes of love after that kiss.
Yes, I want that.
I want someone to look at me like I hung the moon and the stars, just for them...
I want someone to gaze at me sheer love and adoration beaming in their face...
I want that, still.
Moreover, I want someone that brings me to life, like in the Evanescence song.
I do so love that song.
I've even tried to do it a few times in karaoke, but my voice doesn't quite have the range.
That doesn't stop me from trying, though.
Just like I'm not going to stop trying for romance.
Somewhere, out there, is a man waiting for my kiss to bring him to life...
somewhere, out there in the real world.
Until then, I'll keep loving Guy, this fantasy man.
Tonight was our sixth 'date'...
and "Free Guy" is better every time I watch it.
(smile)

No comments: